Two salsa dancers who also happen to be programmers are soon releasing an app called "Dance Reality," made with Apple's ARKit. Through this app, you will be able to practice your dancing with augmented reality as your teacher right from your iPhone.
According to their website, some of the features on the Dance Reality app include:
- Controlling your speed to learn at your own pace.
- Voice-over counting to help you stay on the beat.
- The ability to choose your own music.
- The ability to choose between following and leading the steps.
- Solo and couple practice.
- Instructional videos from trained dancers.
The app shows you where to put your feet using an image of foot prints. When you're ready, the footprints will begin to move while a voice counts the beat. The creators do want to point out, however, that Dance Reality isn't a substitute for a real dance teacher, but rather a way to learn the basics and practice your dancing with a guide.
Check out the demo below: